Zoo Tycoon 2 Mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Max Guests Mod

3 posters

Go down

Max Guests Mod Empty Re: Max Guests Mod

Post  Siberian Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:06 pm

I have found how to.

I know it's a super late answer but I tried it just today and it worked, so I've registered here only to explain, in a more or less step-by-step:

I play ZT2 with ES, AA, MM and EA.
I tried this hack, it increases the maximum number of guests to 400 - but it didn't work because it isn't compatible with ES.

The file that we have to edit is the guestmgr.xml. However, there's a guestmgr.xml:
- in the ai.zt2 (I discovered this because of the hack) - this file is for ZT2 without expansions;
- and another in the file x002_001.z2f (I discovered from here) - that's an ES file.

Inside the guestmgr.xml of each file, and based on the hack, I changed the MaxGuestsBase from 30 to 80 and MaxGuestsPerStar from 20 to 80 too.
After edited, it must looks like:
MaxGuestsBase="80" MaxGuestsPerStar="80"
But the game also ignored it.

So, I searched and found 2 more guestmgr.xml:
- one in the x003_000.z2f
- one in the x100_000.z2f
These are also ES files (if I'm not mistaken).

Also change the MaxGuestsBase and MaxGuestsPerStar of each of these files to 80. With all the 4 files edited, it should work (worked for me!);
and as the files are ZT2 or ES, you don't have to worry about the files of another expansions - they don't contain any guestmgr.xml.

I hope I could help. Enjoy! Wink

For who doesn't know how to edit, I will explain how I did:

Do one at each time, it's easier - we have to open ai.zt2, x002_001.z2f, x003_000.z2f and x100_000.z2f - they're all in your Zoo Tycoon 2 directory.
For safety, I've made a copy of these to a separate file, before editing them.

For each file:
1. Open with WinRAR. Then go into the ai file. You'll find guestmgr.xml there.
2. Extract guestmgr.xml to wherever you want.
3. Open this extracted xml with Notepad or any other program you can edit by typing.
4. Ctrl+F MaxGuestsBase to find it (it's near the top anyway), it will be ="30", edit to ="80". Right ahead, you'll find MaxGuestsPerStar, it will be ="20", edit to ="80". Save.
5. Put the edited xml inside the ai file - delete the original to put the edited one or simply overwrite it.

Done!

Observations:
a) I didn't checked if all guestmgr.xml are exactly the same in all files, so I edited one by one for assurance;
b) You can try other numbers if you think 400 guests is too much. I just don't know if there's a number relation of MaxGuestsBase with MaxGuestsPerStar, or if editing only MaxGuestsPerStar is enough, so do it as your own risk.

Issues:
I don't know if any of you will have the same problem as me, but my x003_000.z2f gave me a little extra work. When I was going to edit the guestmgr.xml, it showed an error when saving, that it wasn't possible to find the directory. And when I tried to delete the original xml or overwrite it, it showed it wasn't possible because the file was corrupted.
If that also happened to you, here will go:
Open WinRAR, go to the Zoo Tycoon 2 directory with the program and hit the right mouse button on x003_000.z2f. Choose Recover Files (or Repair, or something like - I use another program language x.x), and then it will give you two options - choose to repair as ZIP - it will make a new file, in the same directory, named as rebuilt.x003_000.z2f. With this file, do the editing as I've shown here. It should work normally. Delete the "corrupted" x003_000.z2f and rename your recovered file as x003_000. It worked for me Smile
Siberian
Siberian

Back to top Go down

Post  FluxSphere Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:19 pm

Actualy i found this site in google.

And this is worked! Thank you :DD

FluxSphere

Back to top Go down

Post  Exo Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm amazed anyone found this site, I couldn't get the meta tags to work so it doesn't show up in search engines...

Anyways, you can find guestmgr.xml inside x002_001.z2f. (each expansion includes the file in one of it's archives actually, there are multiple copies) The file format is actually rar, so you should be able to open it with just about any archive program. (I used winrar)

If you've edited that file and it's in the right place, the only possible problem I can think of is a syntax error. (if it's not in the right place, the game will read a copy from the archives instead) I suggest downloading notepad++, which is a free integrated environment. If you open that file in notepad++ it will color-code the various parts. Anything that shows up in black has an error, there should only be blue, red and green text.
Exo
Exo
Admin

https://zt2mods.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  FluxSphere Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:07 am

I have the problem, because the file is deleted, and if i rewrite the line of the MaxGuestsPerStar line the program ignores it... no matter what i write here, i can't have more than 120 quest. I play in the ultimate version of the game.
The only way this works if i use just the base game without expansions.
Please help, i can't find anything on the net...

FluxSphere

Back to top Go down

Max Guests Mod Empty Max Guests Mod

Post  Exo Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:58 pm

This is a mod to increase the maximum number of guests in your park. The default maximum is 120 guests, I have raised that number to 255.

Installation:
1. Extract the contents of "ai.rar".
2. Move or copy the folder named "ai" to your main Zoo Tycoon 2 directory. The folder's extension should be something like 'program files\Microsoft games\zoo tycoon 2\ai\'.
3. Start the game normally.

Un-installation:
Simply delete or otherwise remove the "ai" folder from the "Zoo Tycoon 2" directory.

Known Issues:
Increasing the number of guests in your park is obviously going to increase the amount of system resources the game requires. This mod is not suggested for slower computers. Installing this mod on a slow computer may result in a game or full system crash.

Compatibility:
This mod was tested on Zoo Tycoon 2: Ultimate Edition. It will most likely work with any version of the game though, as it is an edited core game file. If for some reason this mod does not work with a particular version please let me know.

Modification:
Think 255 guests is too many or too few? Here's what you do. Inside the "ai" folder is a single file named "guestMgr.xml". Open that file with either notepad or wordpad (whichever you prefer) and look for a string in the first line that says:

MaxGuestsPerStar="50"

I think this line is pretty self-explanatory. The number in quotes is the number of maximum number of guests your park will receive per star level. Do not remove the quotes, the game will crash.

Download:
Until I can find a better place to host my mod files I'm using easy-share. Only one person can download the file at a time from what I understand. If you're unable to download just wait a minute or 2 and try again.

Click Here to download!

If someone knows a better place to host files (other than mega-upload) please let me know.
Exo
Exo
Admin

https://zt2mods.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum